Project Accountant Needed!
Reporting To: Project Finance Manager
- Process billing per month (approximately twice per month) after meeting with PM’s & VP of Construction to review project progress and billing to date
- Follow-up on outstanding Accounts Receivables
- Process waivers & arrange collection of checks from GC’s/clients
- Follow up on open change orders for Purchase Orders from GC’s
- Prepare billing statements for open Accounts Receivables
- Weekly A/R / A/P meeting with Exec VP of Finance & Operations and other BP Executives to review prior week’s collections & projections of the coming week’s collections
- Process Purchase Order’s received from GC for base & change order items
- Review monthly WIP (work in progress) report on their assigned projects
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or some college courses in accounting or business preferred.
- Intermediate to advanced computer literacy, including experience in word processing, spreadsheets and accounting software.
- Knowledge of Dynamics SL or other construction accounting platform, a plus.
- A thorough knowledge of standard contract terms, including hourly, lumps sum, not-to-exceed and how they are applied in the billing process.
- Ability to work well with others under deadline situations and respond to changes in priorities.
- Good written and verbal communication skills and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, set priorities and see projects through to completion.
- Employ problem-solving skills and analysis, and report problems to the Project Finance Manager, as necessary.
- Strong service orientation.
- Knowledge of the project structure in Mechanical/HVAC business environment.
Fill out the contact form information and attach your resume as a .doc or .pdf.